Skip to main content

Happy Birthday, Love

My sweet, crazy hubby had a birthday, so, of course, I had to make him something to express to him how much I love him!  I have seen different version of "Love Notes" on Pinterest and Debbie Lanning told me about one she saw and that prompted my decision to make my "Love Note" for my Hankster.

I wrote a little love note on it for him to find first thing the morning of his birthday.  And a new one each day since.

I found the picture frame at Big Lots.  It is a 5x7 plastic frame. It was l.25.  I think it would look better in a pretty decorative frame out of wood, but my budget is small.  BUT I will keep my eyes open for something I like better at thrift stores and change it out once I make the find.  Then I found the scrapbook paper at Michaels for .29.  The dry erase pen was from Big Lots for 1.00.  So looks like I spent under 3.00!  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I wrote with a Sharpie on the paper I (heart) you because....
The heart is a cut out paint sample.  I thought about decorating the frame, but just did not find anything I wanted to add.  So it is simple and clean looking, and I like it!    :)


Comments

  1. The price of the present was so paled in comparison to the millions it was worth! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Valentine's Day

I did a little baking for my Valentine's.  First I made Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.  Yum.  (No picture, sorry!)  Then I made these yummy looking chocolate cookies! The recipe is easy and quick.   1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix 1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla *Optional - I added 1 cup of chocolate chips.  I wanted to use red M&M's but I forgot to pick some up. Sprinkles 1.  Preheat oven 350 2. Mix cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer. 3. Stir in chocolate chips or M&M's. 4. Spill some sprinkles onto a plate.  Form dough into tablespoon size balls and dip top in sprinkles. 5.  Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes then take off cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. I love a recipe that is easy and delicious!  The cookies turn out nice and chewy and moist.  Chocolate lovers better try this one. Ya'll have a nice da

Bugle Santa Mix

This is so fun!  Cuteness galore......and yummy!  This is what you need: Sprinkles (I used white nonparells - little white balls and I used red sprinkles) Caramel Bugles mini marshmallows white chocolate or white candy bark mini pretzels craisins salted peanuts Rice Chex cereal holiday M&M's Put in a large bowl: 3 cups pretzels 1/2 cup craisins 1 cup peanuts 2 cups Rice Chex Melt 8 oz. white chocolate and drizzle over mix and toss until coated.  Then spread out on wax paper to set. To make bugles into Santa Hats: Dip tip of bugle in melted white chocolate and put mini marshmallow on.  Then dip other end of bugle in white chocolate and then dip into sprinkles.  Lay the bugles out on wax paper until set. Once the white chocolate has hardened kinda break up the coated mix then add 2 cups of M&M's and the Santa Hats.  Keep in sealed container.  I used two cups of the holiday shaped pretzels and one cup of the stick pretzel. You can use the caramel b

Merry & Bright, A Devotion

Merry & Bright I love Christmas.  I remember as a little girl the magical times my mom orchestrated for our family and friends to truly make the season “Merry & Bright.” They were things like baking the most wonderful Christmas goodies.  Lots and lots of of goodies.  We would package them up on plates and deliver to shut-ins and special family friends.  There were four of us kids, so we did not get out of the car (Mom, working smart here!) I mean, there were no seat belt laws, there were probably not any seat belts! Anyway, She would hop out of the car, run to the door and present our gift and point to us and we would all wave, shout “Merry Christmas!” Sometimes our friends might walk Mom back to the car and say hi and give hugs.  Another way Mom made our season “Merry & Bright” was by opening our home for gatherings.  Mom was the choir director at our church for many years.  She would always have the choir (about 30 members!)  and their families over one Sun