Skip to main content

IN THE MOOD TO CREATE!

I don't know why, but this time of year I am so wanting to make stuff!  Cook, sew, glue, paint....there are so many things to try and so little time!  I will tell you what I have done for the past couple of Saturdays and weeknights.  I have gone into the woods and gathered grapevines.  Lots of them.  I went to my sisters - took my 16 year old - and we filled my car with vines.  Then I have roamed my neighborhood for more.  I still need more!  I have made some stuff - can't tell you yet what because it is a gift for two very special people.  But I will post pictures when I am all done and they are delivered.  At least I hope I will not keep them for myself......... grin.

I love to cook this time of year too.  I have baked the Cappuccino Muffins that my family love.  I will share that recipe!  It is always a hit where ever I take them!

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp instant coffee granules
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

In bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.  Add butter, egg, and vanilla; mix well.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Fill greased or paper-lines muffin cups two thirds full.  Bake at 375 for 17-20 minutes or until muffin tests done.  Cook for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield:  about 14 muffins.

Optional: Espresso Spread. The muffins are good with or without.  Just depends if you are willing to risk the extra calories!!!!!
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
In food processor or blends, combine the spread ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.

You're gonna love it!!!!

I would love any recipes with black beans - soups or chili.  If you have a really great one to share, I would really appreciate it!

God is good.  He is blessing me daily!  Praising Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugle Santa Mix

This is so fun!  Cuteness galore......and yummy!  This is what you need: Sprinkles (I used white nonparells - little white balls and I used red sprinkles) Caramel Bugles mini marshmallows white chocolate or white candy bark mini pretzels craisins salted peanuts Rice Chex cereal holiday M&M's Put in a large bowl: 3 cups pretzels 1/2 cup craisins 1 cup peanuts 2 cups Rice Chex Melt 8 oz. white chocolate and drizzle over mix and toss until coated.  Then spread out on wax paper to set. To make bugles into Santa Hats: Dip tip of bugle in melted white chocolate and put mini marshmallow on.  Then dip other end of bugle in white chocolate and then dip into sprinkles.  Lay the bugles out on wax paper until set. Once the white chocolate has hardened kinda break up the coated mix then add 2 cups of M&M's and the Santa Hats.  Keep in sealed container.  I used two cups of the holiday shaped pretzels and one cup of the stick pretzel. You can use the caramel b

Happy Valentine's Day

I did a little baking for my Valentine's.  First I made Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.  Yum.  (No picture, sorry!)  Then I made these yummy looking chocolate cookies! The recipe is easy and quick.   1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix 1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla *Optional - I added 1 cup of chocolate chips.  I wanted to use red M&M's but I forgot to pick some up. Sprinkles 1.  Preheat oven 350 2. Mix cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer. 3. Stir in chocolate chips or M&M's. 4. Spill some sprinkles onto a plate.  Form dough into tablespoon size balls and dip top in sprinkles. 5.  Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes then take off cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. I love a recipe that is easy and delicious!  The cookies turn out nice and chewy and moist.  Chocolate lovers better try this one. Ya'll have a nice da

The BEST Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream

  Oh my. This is good. I like strawberry. A lot. But I don't usually choose strawberry ice cream if there are several flavors (like chocolate) available. I got this recipe from my daughter and IT IS GOOD! I would choose this! The Best Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream makes 3 cups (I have doubled it) Ingredients 1 1/2 cups strawberries,  hulled and diced 2 Tbsp honey 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp lemon juice 1 cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 cup half and half 1 tsp vanilla extract Instructions In large bowl mix strawberries, honey, sugar, and lemon juice. Allow to sit for about 15-20 minutes to give the strawberries some time to "weep." Mash the mixture with a potato masher, fork, or pastry cutter until there are no longer any large strawberry pieces (if you prefer a smooth ice cream, use a blender or food processor instead) Mix the strawberries, heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla extract. Stir just until combined. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and follow you