Skip to main content

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!


I hope you are enjoying this Christmas Season!  I have done a few fun projects.  One of the first of the season was coming up with decorations for our tree.   Mark helped me.  We put our elf hats on, went outside and gathers our materials then sat outside and got creative!  We moved at the end of the summer and we have not unpacked much since we don't know when or where we might go from here.  So instead of finding our Christmas decorations we went with a semi-natural decor.  We gathered lots of pine cones and glittered them unmercifully!  It was fun!  I had some picks of roses and greenery and stuck them in the tree then we put the glittered pine cones on the tree.  We wanted some garland so we found tiny pine cones  added glitter again, then strung them on jute.  I made stars out of vines and jute and put them on the tree, too. Hank added the candy canes, of course!!! It turned out nicely.  The glitter catches the light and is very pretty.  I took a couple of pictures but it does not do it justice.  You will just have to come over and take a look!!!!

Have you seen the coasters on Pinterest?  I got some for Christmas last year from Lindsey.  They have our initial on them.  We have enjoyed using them.  But you know I am all about Christmas.....so I found some cute tissue paper and made snowman coasters!!!  I know I will be making more of these in the future because they are so stinkin' cute and easy and who doesn't need a set of coasters??!!!!


Supplies: tile, tissue paper or napkin with design of your liking, Mod Podge, felt tabs for the bottom side, sand paper, and sponge brush.  Cut designed paper to fit the tile.  Put a layer of Mod Podge on top of tile then place paper on top and smooth out any creases.  Add another layer of Mod Podge and allow to dry. Sand edges to even and another coat of Mod Podge.  Allow to completely dry and add felt tabs to bottom side of tile.

I have a favorite craft I enjoy doing and I seem to always find some thing to decorate using the glass etching.  I have etched on mugs, plates, trifle bowls, and now this canister!  I love this canister because you can use it for so many reasons and occasions.  I have used mine as a punch bowl, candle holder, cookies, vase....I really make good use of this canister.  Guess what my daughters are getting for Christmas!  Don't tell them!






I have also been busy in the kitchen.  Have you made the Oreo Truffles?  Oh my, to die for!

Recipe:  Put one bag of Oreos in the blender and run until powdery.  Add one block of softened cream cheese (8 oz), and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.  Continue to blend until well mixed.  Roll into balls and dip into melted bark.  We have dipped them in white and dark - either are delicious.

A favorite of Mark's is the pretzel rods with chocolate.  Dip the ends of the pretzel rod in chocolate.  You can add any kind of sprinkles or other yummy things like crushed nuts, crushed peppermint, coconut, brickle - do what you love!

Hope these ideas inspire you to have some Christmas creative fun!  I have a few other things I hope to share with you in the next couple of days!!!  In the meantime, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Comments

  1. Look at you!! Love your tree!! And the coasters! Oh and the canisters!! You're super talented!! AND you need to post this link on FB so I know when you post so I can read it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bugle Santa Mix

This is so fun!  Cuteness galore......and yummy!  This is what you need: Sprinkles (I used white nonparells - little white balls and I used red sprinkles) Caramel Bugles mini marshmallows white chocolate or white candy bark mini pretzels craisins salted peanuts Rice Chex cereal holiday M&M's Put in a large bowl: 3 cups pretzels 1/2 cup craisins 1 cup peanuts 2 cups Rice Chex Melt 8 oz. white chocolate and drizzle over mix and toss until coated.  Then spread out on wax paper to set. To make bugles into Santa Hats: Dip tip of bugle in melted white chocolate and put mini marshmallow on.  Then dip other end of bugle in white chocolate and then dip into sprinkles.  Lay the bugles out on wax paper until set. Once the white chocolate has hardened kinda break up the coated mix then add 2 cups of M&M's and the Santa Hats.  Keep in sealed container.  I used two cups of the holiday shaped pretzels and one cup of the stick pretzel. You can use the caramel b

Happy Valentine's Day

I did a little baking for my Valentine's.  First I made Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.  Yum.  (No picture, sorry!)  Then I made these yummy looking chocolate cookies! The recipe is easy and quick.   1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix 1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla *Optional - I added 1 cup of chocolate chips.  I wanted to use red M&M's but I forgot to pick some up. Sprinkles 1.  Preheat oven 350 2. Mix cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer. 3. Stir in chocolate chips or M&M's. 4. Spill some sprinkles onto a plate.  Form dough into tablespoon size balls and dip top in sprinkles. 5.  Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes then take off cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. I love a recipe that is easy and delicious!  The cookies turn out nice and chewy and moist.  Chocolate lovers better try this one. Ya'll have a nice da

Merry & Bright, A Devotion

Merry & Bright I love Christmas.  I remember as a little girl the magical times my mom orchestrated for our family and friends to truly make the season “Merry & Bright.” They were things like baking the most wonderful Christmas goodies.  Lots and lots of of goodies.  We would package them up on plates and deliver to shut-ins and special family friends.  There were four of us kids, so we did not get out of the car (Mom, working smart here!) I mean, there were no seat belt laws, there were probably not any seat belts! Anyway, She would hop out of the car, run to the door and present our gift and point to us and we would all wave, shout “Merry Christmas!” Sometimes our friends might walk Mom back to the car and say hi and give hugs.  Another way Mom made our season “Merry & Bright” was by opening our home for gatherings.  Mom was the choir director at our church for many years.  She would always have the choir (about 30 members!)  and their families over one Sun