Skip to main content

Peppermint Lover?



This was Mark's birthday cake.   Yep, Mark is 17 TODAY!  The cheesecake turned out very yummy.  Even our waitresses wanted some - so we shared!  Here is the recipe:
White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake

12 oz. Oreos
3 TBSP butter, melted

3 (8 oz EACH) cream cheese
3 eggs
4 oz. white baking chocolate
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup crushed candy cane

Directions:
Crush oreos in food processor.  Add melted butter, stir then pat on bottom of 10 - inch springform pan.  Bake crust for 10 minutes.  Cool.

Mix cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until just blended.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each. Melt white chocolate and stir into cream cheese mixture.  Gently fold crushed candy cane into cream cheese mixture and pour over crust.  Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 350 until center is almost set.  Completely cool then refrigerate at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, spread a thin layer of whipped topping on top of cheesecake and sprinkle with more crushed candy canes.

Next time I make this I am going to make some white chocolate icing and pipe a design along the top edge instead of the whipped topping.  That will be rich tasting!  I just think it will be better than the cool whip!

Tomorrow I plan to do a little more baking and I will share the recipes and how they turn out!

Merry Christmas!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Love

My sweet, crazy hubby had a birthday, so, of course, I had to make him something to express to him how much I love him!  I have seen different version of "Love Notes" on Pinterest and Debbie Lanning told me about one she saw and that prompted my decision to make my "Love Note" for my Hankster. I wrote a little love note on it for him to find first thing the morning of his birthday.  And a new one each day since. I found the picture frame at Big Lots.  It is a 5x7 plastic frame. It was l.25.  I think it would look better in a pretty decorative frame out of wood, but my budget is small.  BUT I will keep my eyes open for something I like better at thrift stores and change it out once I make the find.  Then I found the scrapbook paper at Michaels for .29.  The dry erase pen was from Big Lots for 1.00.  So looks like I spent under 3.00!  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I wrote with a Sharpie on the paper I (heart) you beca...

Cheese Spread with Crackers

My sister has made this really good spread and I did not realize it was from a local place there in Freehome. This is good stuff! Frosty Frog Cheese Spread 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup sour cream 3 to 4 oz. finely grated cheese 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic parsley to taste Place all ingredients in medium bowl.  Use electric mixer to mix all together.   Serve with crackers, celery, carrot sticks.

Key Lime Cake - Won Best Tasting!!! Yum!!!

Here is the recipe for the Key Lime Cake:  (EASY PZ!!!!!!) 1 lemon cake mix 1 box of lime gelatin (3 oz) 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil 4 eggs 3/4 cup orange juice With electric mixer, mix together for about 2 minutes. Pour into 3 round 8 inch pans.  Bake according to directions on cake box. Frosting: 1/2 cup butter, softened 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice 4 - 5 cups confectioners' sugar (start with 4, then add as needed for consistency) In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy and light.  Add lime juice and confectioners' sugar.  Mix well.