Skip to main content

Pinterest Day!

Hi, Girlfriends!!!!!!  Today was fun!  I should invite you all to come join us so you can have as much fun as we did.

First, I need to show you what I did for each of my girls for Christmas.  I already showed you the jars I etched for them.  Here is a picture of one of the scarfs I did:

It is a thin fabric scarf and I wrote words describing my daughters on it with a fabric marker.  You could also write a poem  or a scripture if you wanted to.

Now back to this day's activities.....we mainly did glass etching and candle making.  Well, the girls and I did the etching and Mark made the candles for us.


Lindsey is working on a chevron pattern using painters tape.  


This is a big ole Q on a jar for my Q-tips to go in.


Our work table - colorful!


Two candle holders Nancy is working on.


And a jar full of wooden clothes pins with a cute lady bug to be etched onto.


A mug with the word "love" that turned out really pretty.  And another jar with stripes and a "L".


Holly has a block she is etching with the word "Family" that she plans to put lights in and I think she said a picture.

So, as you can see, we did quite a variety of things today.  There were more I did not get pictures of - some jars, some candle holders with birds etched onto them or letters  or words....all kinds of cool things.  Oh, Lindsey also did a sugar and a flour container! Etching is fun and easy.  You can buy the etching cream at a craft store and follow the directions.  


Here is Mark with some of the candles he made.  He made his own scented oil with orange peel and oil.  He also purchased a scented oil.  He made one soy candle and the others were with gulf wax.  He also used crayons to add color to them.


Here are a few of the finished candles.  

So, see?  The day was both fun and productive!!!!  We each have some pretty containers to take home and a candle or two to burn.   There are all kinds of ideas!  You should plan to join us for one of our Pinterest days!  




Not everyone was as involved in the crafts......


But that's ok.  


It was a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Love

My sweet, crazy hubby had a birthday, so, of course, I had to make him something to express to him how much I love him!  I have seen different version of "Love Notes" on Pinterest and Debbie Lanning told me about one she saw and that prompted my decision to make my "Love Note" for my Hankster. I wrote a little love note on it for him to find first thing the morning of his birthday.  And a new one each day since. I found the picture frame at Big Lots.  It is a 5x7 plastic frame. It was l.25.  I think it would look better in a pretty decorative frame out of wood, but my budget is small.  BUT I will keep my eyes open for something I like better at thrift stores and change it out once I make the find.  Then I found the scrapbook paper at Michaels for .29.  The dry erase pen was from Big Lots for 1.00.  So looks like I spent under 3.00!  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I wrote with a Sharpie on the paper I (heart) you beca...

Cheese Spread with Crackers

My sister has made this really good spread and I did not realize it was from a local place there in Freehome. This is good stuff! Frosty Frog Cheese Spread 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup sour cream 3 to 4 oz. finely grated cheese 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic parsley to taste Place all ingredients in medium bowl.  Use electric mixer to mix all together.   Serve with crackers, celery, carrot sticks.

Bugle Santa Mix

This is so fun!  Cuteness galore......and yummy!  This is what you need: Sprinkles (I used white nonparells - little white balls and I used red sprinkles) Caramel Bugles mini marshmallows white chocolate or white candy bark mini pretzels craisins salted peanuts Rice Chex cereal holiday M&M's Put in a large bowl: 3 cups pretzels 1/2 cup craisins 1 cup peanuts 2 cups Rice Chex Melt 8 oz. white chocolate and drizzle over mix and toss until coated.  Then spread out on wax paper to set. To make bugles into Santa Hats: Dip tip of bugle in melted white chocolate and put mini marshmallow on.  Then dip other end of bugle in white chocolate and then dip into sprinkles.  Lay the bugles out on wax paper until set. Once the white chocolate has hardened kinda break up the coated mix then add 2 cups of M&M's and the Santa Hats.  Keep in sealed container.  I used two cups of the holiday shaped pretzels and one cup of the stick pretzel. ...