Skip to main content

Pretzels

This was a fun little snack I wanted to try.  But I will have to warn you - watch it the last 15 minutes really closely.  I had them in the oven, stirring every 10 minutes.  The recipe said to cook it 30 minutes, but I should have taken them out at 20.  The last 10 minutes turned them too dark.  It is probably my oven, so if you try this - keep your eyes on them.  Here is the recipe:

16 oz. pretzels - put in a roasting pan

Mix:
1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon

Pour mixture over pretzels.  Place in 300 degree oven.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Stir every 10 minutes.

Take out of oven and spread out on paper towels to cool.  Store in airtight container.

Another little tip - I would double the cinnamon next time I make it.  But I like cinnamon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday, Love

My sweet, crazy hubby had a birthday, so, of course, I had to make him something to express to him how much I love him!  I have seen different version of "Love Notes" on Pinterest and Debbie Lanning told me about one she saw and that prompted my decision to make my "Love Note" for my Hankster. I wrote a little love note on it for him to find first thing the morning of his birthday.  And a new one each day since. I found the picture frame at Big Lots.  It is a 5x7 plastic frame. It was l.25.  I think it would look better in a pretty decorative frame out of wood, but my budget is small.  BUT I will keep my eyes open for something I like better at thrift stores and change it out once I make the find.  Then I found the scrapbook paper at Michaels for .29.  The dry erase pen was from Big Lots for 1.00.  So looks like I spent under 3.00!  I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but I wrote with a Sharpie on the paper I (heart) you beca...

Cheese Spread with Crackers

My sister has made this really good spread and I did not realize it was from a local place there in Freehome. This is good stuff! Frosty Frog Cheese Spread 8 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup sour cream 3 to 4 oz. finely grated cheese 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic parsley to taste Place all ingredients in medium bowl.  Use electric mixer to mix all together.   Serve with crackers, celery, carrot sticks.

From Twigs to Trees!

OK, girlfriends, I'm ready to show you what I have been working on for weeks and weeks.  I told you I was working on something for two special people - it is done!  Let me tell you who, what, when, where, and why.  For as long as I can remember I have given my girls a "Happy December" present.  I just love the Christmas season so much that I am ready to begin the celebration.  So on December 1 I would have a gift for my kids.  They might come home from school and find a Christmas shirt on their bed or I would present them with Christmas socks or a Christmas trinket, maybe cookie cutters or sticker book.  Just something.   For fun!  This year I made: Grapevine Christmas trees!!!!  I had lots of help!  My sister, Nancy, Mark, and Hank all helped me gather the vines.  Poor Hank got poison twice from helping me find vines!  Then I wrapped the vines around a tomato cage using the vines and thin wire. ...