Skip to main content

There is POWER in His Name!

Today I read from Jeremiah 10:6,7  I think I will write out this scripture for you:

No one is like You, O Lord; You are the great, and Your name is mighty in power.  Who should not revere You, O King of the nations? This is Your due among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms, there is no one like You.

These few words have much they reveal.  "There is no one like You!"  The phrase, "Your name is mighty in power," really stands out to me.  Simply utter His name!  It brings me much strength when I say His name when I am fearful.  Have you ever found yourself in a place or situation where you feel the fear so much that you can tell it might paralyze you if you don't get a grip?  Oh, I have!!!  And when I speak His name in silence I can literally feel Him hold me up, help me think through what I need to do or even NOT to do.  I can take the steps I need to at that moment.  Let me tell you of a time I thought I would just crumble - I worked at a small bank.  We had procedures we had to follow in opening each morning for safety reasons but our managers often forgot to walk through the proper steps and then would flag us that all was well and we could come in.  That always made me uneasy, but they were my bosses and I felt like I could not call them out, so to speak!  You are probably guessing what happened.  One morning I drive into the parking lot, as usual, observing surroundings then I park and wait to know I can come in - and I should be able to because I see that everyone is already at work and inside.  But my gut was telling me something was not right.  So I crank my car and decide to drive to the nearest phone (no cell phones back in the day) to call the bank and get the clear.  As I am backing out, one of the girls open the door and wave at me to come in.  I did not want to come in.  Still felt like something was wrong. See, God was telling me, prompting me to do what I knew I should do.  I roll down my window and say I will be back in a minute.  All the time I am looking to see if her face told me anything, if I could see anything wrong.  She sounded fine, looked like everything was fine.  Remember, this has happened before.  I have driven up, parked, and waited only to be flagged in.  But I just had this feeling.....but I ignore it, pull back in my parking spot and walk in the door.  A gun is pointed right at my head and I am asked "How did you know I was in here?"  Can you imagine?   I silently said "Jesus" and I could feel His presence.  There is power in His name!!!  Saying His name made me feel like I had a wall of protection around me and that He was standing right in front of me.  The robber left with the money, and no one was physically harmed.  And as much as I know it could have been a much worse outcome and that Jesus protected us - the biggest thing I remember is the complete knowledge that He was with me!  I knew His presence!  He was with me in the car when I pulled into that parking lot and even though I did not listen to Him, He stayed with me as I walked into danger and He let me know He was there.  I cannot explain the feeling, the essence of Him with me, but I know He was there and because I knew He was there, I could face the situation.

There have been many times since that day that I have called on His name and by doing so, I have immediately known peace and strength that only comes from knowing Him.  That brings to mind my very favorite verse of the Bible: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6,7  The world does not understand our Mighty God, does not know that He is present in our life and will face the hard stuff with us. Let's do what we can to reveal Him to those around us by acknowledging His mighty presence in our lives.

Thank you, God.  There is truly no one like You!  Your name is Mighty in power!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bugle Santa Mix

This is so fun!  Cuteness galore......and yummy!  This is what you need: Sprinkles (I used white nonparells - little white balls and I used red sprinkles) Caramel Bugles mini marshmallows white chocolate or white candy bark mini pretzels craisins salted peanuts Rice Chex cereal holiday M&M's Put in a large bowl: 3 cups pretzels 1/2 cup craisins 1 cup peanuts 2 cups Rice Chex Melt 8 oz. white chocolate and drizzle over mix and toss until coated.  Then spread out on wax paper to set. To make bugles into Santa Hats: Dip tip of bugle in melted white chocolate and put mini marshmallow on.  Then dip other end of bugle in white chocolate and then dip into sprinkles.  Lay the bugles out on wax paper until set. Once the white chocolate has hardened kinda break up the coated mix then add 2 cups of M&M's and the Santa Hats.  Keep in sealed container.  I used two cups of the holiday shaped pretzels and one cup of the stick pretzel. You can use the caramel b

Happy Valentine's Day

I did a little baking for my Valentine's.  First I made Blueberry Muffins for breakfast.  Yum.  (No picture, sorry!)  Then I made these yummy looking chocolate cookies! The recipe is easy and quick.   1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix 1 1/2 TBSP all purpose flour 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla *Optional - I added 1 cup of chocolate chips.  I wanted to use red M&M's but I forgot to pick some up. Sprinkles 1.  Preheat oven 350 2. Mix cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer. 3. Stir in chocolate chips or M&M's. 4. Spill some sprinkles onto a plate.  Form dough into tablespoon size balls and dip top in sprinkles. 5.  Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.  Let cool 10 minutes then take off cookie sheet and place on cooling rack to finish cooling. I love a recipe that is easy and delicious!  The cookies turn out nice and chewy and moist.  Chocolate lovers better try this one. Ya'll have a nice da

Merry & Bright, A Devotion

Merry & Bright I love Christmas.  I remember as a little girl the magical times my mom orchestrated for our family and friends to truly make the season “Merry & Bright.” They were things like baking the most wonderful Christmas goodies.  Lots and lots of of goodies.  We would package them up on plates and deliver to shut-ins and special family friends.  There were four of us kids, so we did not get out of the car (Mom, working smart here!) I mean, there were no seat belt laws, there were probably not any seat belts! Anyway, She would hop out of the car, run to the door and present our gift and point to us and we would all wave, shout “Merry Christmas!” Sometimes our friends might walk Mom back to the car and say hi and give hugs.  Another way Mom made our season “Merry & Bright” was by opening our home for gatherings.  Mom was the choir director at our church for many years.  She would always have the choir (about 30 members!)  and their families over one Sun